Monday, May 9, 2011

UPDATE 5/9/11

All, I apologize for not being able to update this blog as often as expected.  AT&T has proven to be a horrendous cell/internet provider for the trail, making it extremely difficult to sign on to the web.  I have been keeping a more updated blog through my facebook application if you would like to check there.  The page is titled "Appalachian Trail Thru Hike 2011".  I still, however, cannot post photos on this page either (thank you AT&T). 

Consequently, I will make sure to upload all trail images, videos, and journal entries to this blogsite upon completing the trail in October and use this as a review of this amazing hike!

We have now made it to Virginia and will be in this state for about a month (550 miles).

Please check back in October 2011.... I'll have TONS of pictures, videos, a thorough personal gear review, trail stories, etc!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley! I, too, am a 30 year old planning to set off to thru hike the AT next year, much for the same reasons you did. I know it's been almost three years since you hiked it but I'd love to read about how your hike went. It would be great to hear the girl's perspective of how to stay as clean as possible, how to change clothes with little privacy, how to not completely wreck your skin, how safe you felt hitching into towns, you know the things the guys don't think about (as often)!

    ReplyDelete